This rare vintage Ilie Wacs suit is superb in design, cut, and style. Beautifully preserved, this 3 piece wool flannel suit is presented in dark pink and gray wool flannel. Features a collarless, box-style double breasted short jacket in dark pink accented with gray showcasing the intricate seaming & detailed finish work this designer was known for. The long sleeves finish with a button at the turn back cuff. It has a detachable, reversible tie that buttons onto the jacket and can be worn in various ways. The double row of over sized marbleized charcoal colored buttons pair with the hand sewn cloth bound button holes. The interior button is also paired with a cloth bound button hole. The straight gray skirt has a side slit at the right side hem. Covered gray nylon zipper up the back and secures with a metal hook/eye/set on the waistband. Both pieces are fully lined. Made in the USA. This suit has a modern edge to it and fits in nicely with current, on-trend fashions of today.
A little bit of vintage history: Austrian born, American designer of ready-to-wear, Ile Macs formed his own firm/label in 1972. He designed to the 80s. He was especially known for his coats & suits.
• Designer - Ilie Wacs
• Origin – US
• Period – 1980-1989
• Materials - Shell- Wool Flannel
• Condition - Excellent
• Measurements -Jacket- 20” length, 34” bust, 34” waist, 25" uncuffed sleeve, 5" width of turned back cuff (can be turned back up to the 5"), 16" shoulder.
• Measurements- Skirt- 26.5" length, 28" waist, 37" hip
• Measurements - Tie- 32" length, 2" to 5.5" width
• Size as Marked -6-US- Please refer to measurements above.
Sign up to receive e-mails