This vintage, 1950s, Adele Simpson black silk shantung dinner/cocktail dress is designed with refined elegance in mind. It has a slight scoop neckline with a back covered metal zipper with hook/eye closure & bracelet length sleeves. The waist is seamed & has an interior grosgrain waistband belt that secures with a metal hook/eye closure to help maintain fitting at the waist There are 2 flat pleats at the waist. Fully lined. Beautifully preserved. Please note: the hem has been let out in full. Made in the USA.
• Designer - Adele Simpson
• Origin – USA
• Period – 1950-1959
• Materials - Shell-silk shantung. Lining- silk.
• Condition - Excellent-Consistent with vintage age & wear.
• Measurements – 43” length, 36”-37" bust, 28" waist, sleeve 17" from shoulder seam, 36" - 37" hip.
• Measurements- 15" shoulder to waist seam, 28" waist to hem.
• Size as Marked – None listed- Please refer to measurements above.
Sign up to receive e-mails