This splendid vintage, Dominic Rompollo dress & scarf from the 1970s, is both demure & alluring. Sleeveless red & cream silk dress in a dot with stripes pattern that gathers slightly above the waist then cascades over the hips to the hem. It's lined & zips up the back with a covered 15" nylon zipper with hook/eye closure & has 2 side seam pockets. It comes with a matching scarf that secures with its own fabric covered button & loop. Perfect for summer cocktail party & luncheons. A little vintage history: Dominic Rompollo was a designer at Teal Traina in the late 60s through the early 70s. After, he had his own label in the 70s. In 1976, he designed Roslyn Carter's wardrobe for the Presidential inauguration. From 1994-'96 he had the design label-Dominic Rompollo New York.
• Designer - Dominic Rompollo
• Origin – USA
• Period – 1970-1979
• Materials - Shell-100% silk
• Condition - Excellent- Consistent with vintage age & wear
• Measurements – 42” length, 32” - 34" bust, 29"- 32” waist
• Width across the back-16.5"
• Size as Marked – none listed-please refer to the above measurements.
• Generous 4" hem allowance. The dress has 3 seams, each with a seam allowance of 1.25"
• Scarf measures- 37" x 37" x 56"
Sign up to receive e-mails