Stylish and sophisticated, vintage Joan Leslie by Kasper dress + jacket set! This ensemble features a mock neck sleeveless dress + short cropped jacket in black velvet with an overlay in a floral print fabric finished with decorative stitching in gold and cream thread. The dress has a solid black velvet top with a set in waist & covered nylon zipper up the back with 2 sets of hook/eye closures on the mock neck. The long sleeved cropped jacket has a single hook/eye closure at the top of the round neckline. Both are fully lined. A little vintage history: Herbert Kasper attended the Parsons School of Design in NY & later moved to Paris to work with various couture fashion houses such as Christian Dior. He returned to NY in the 50's & designed for Arnold Fox, later receiving a Coty Award in 1955 for his work. In the mid 60's he joined the Leslie Fay company & became their designer for the Joan Leslie division.
• Designer - Joan Leslie by Kasper
• Origin – US
• Period – 1960-1969
• Materials - Unknown
• Condition - Excellent- Consistent with vintage age & wear.
• Measurements –Dress- 43” length, 34” bust, 28” set-in waist, 16" shoulder to waist, 34" up tp 42" hip
• Measurements- Jacket-17" length, 36" bust, 23" sleeve
• Size as Marked –Please refer to measurements above.
Sign up to receive e-mails